Recipe for 300ml Blue Island Latte
- 300ml Coconut milk (or other plant milk)
- 3 to 4 teaspoons Blue Island Sensation tea
- Coconut blossom sugar (optional and depending on the desired sweetness)
Step by Step instruction:
1. Bring the coconut milk to the boil in a small saucepan on the cooker.
2. Reduce heat to medium, pour in Blue Island Sensation tea and stir well. Let the tea simmer for 2-3 minutes until the butterfly pea flowers have released their colourful blue pigments. Then steep the tea for 4 to 7 minutes, depending on the desired flavour intensity.
3. Strain/filter the hot blue milk in a glass with a sieve. This will retain the whole flowers and tea leaves.
4. Stir coconut blossom sugar into the blue milk and sweeten to taste. For an extra treat, leave some hot latte and pour into a glass. Then froth the milk with a milk frother. Finally, pour the foam over the blue milk.
5. Your Blue Island Latte is ready!