BLUE ISLAND SENSATION TEA
Blue Island Sensation is a declaration of love to the Azores island group in the Atlantic with nuances of caramel and blossoms. For this velvety-smooth blue tea creation the finest green tea from the first leaf of the tea plant has been used. It is refined with the blue blossoms of the butterfly pea flower.
The blue colour of the infusion is due to the flowers of the butterfly pea. As these are exclusively 100% natural ingredients, the blue tones may vary depending on the infusion.
Little experiment: add a few drops of lemon juice to the tea and see what happens!
Flavour intensity: Gentle and soft
APPLICATION / RECIPE BLUE ISLAND LATTE
Brewing time: 4 to 7 minutes
Temperature: 80° to 85° C
1 to 2 teaspoons per cup
Store in a cool and dry place, protect from sunlight.
Start with freshly boiled water and cool it down to approximately 80 to 85 degrees. Then, brew two teaspoons of tea per person in a teapot or teacup. Let the tea steep for about 4 to 7 minutes, depending on the desired tea intensity. As our teas do not contain any additional aromas or flavours, we recommend that you adjust the optimal brewing time to the desired tea intensity.
Recipe for 300ml Blue Island Latte
180ml hot water
1 to 2 teaspoons Blue Island Sensation tea
120ml milk or alternatively plant milk (for the best foam we recommend the barista variety)
1 vanilla pod (optional)
1 to 2 teaspoons honey (depending on the desired sweetness)
A pinch of cinnamon
1. Pour 1 to 2 teaspoons of our Blue Island Sensation tea into a cup with 180ml of water at 85 degrees.
2. Let the tea steep for 4 to 7 minutes, depending on the desired flavour intensity.
3. Squeeze the tea (the blue flowers) with a spoon over the cup.
4. Scrape out the vanilla pod.
5. In a saucepan, heat 120 ml of milk or alternatively plant milk together with the scraped vanilla pulp and foam the milk with a milk foamer until the desired amount of foam has formed.
6. Add the foamed milk to the cup with the 180ml Blue Island Sensation tea.
7. Now drizzle a teaspoon or two of honey over your almost finished Blue Island Latte and sprinkle the milk foam with a pinch of cinnamon.
Your first Blue Island Latte is ready!
Green tea "Encosta de Bruma" 80% (Azores) and butterfly pea flower 20%.