Recipe for 300ml Pekoe Chai Latte
- 300ml oat milk (or other plant milk)
- 3 teaspoons Pekoe Classic Chai
- Coconut blossom sugar (optional and depending on the desired sweetness)
Step by Step instruction:
1. Bring the vegetable milk to the boil in a small saucepan on the cooker.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and add the Pekoe Classic Chai tea. Let the chai simmer for 2-3 minutes and then wait until the tea has steeped. Let the tea brew for 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the desired flavour intensity.
3. Strain/filter the hot chai in a glass with a sieve. This retains the spices and tea leaves.
4. Stir coconut blossom sugar into the chai and sweeten to taste. Tip: Oat milk does not necessarily need to be sweetened, as it tastes naturally sweet compared to almond milk.
5. Your Pekoe Chai Latte is ready!
Good to know:
You can get creative with the tea blend yourself. There are no limits to your creativity! We would love to see your creations - so please tag us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter with #BoutiquaPortuguesa!